With LeadDyno you can set up your own mail server to send Automated Affiliate Emails. By default, all emails are sent with LeadDyno as the sender, in the leaddyno.com/leaddynomail.com format. If you want to use your own domain instead, it requires setting up custom SMTP.
The main requirement for sending emails with your own domain is using a transactional email provider. The process involves signing up for an account with someone like sendgrid.com or mailgun.com, verifying your email/domain settings, and then obtaining the SMTP credentials and adding them to your LeadDyno account.
- SMTP Server: The server address needs to be in a format similar to this - smtp.mailgun.org (required)
- SMTP Username: This is generated by your mail provider, and is different from your login/account credentials. The SMTP username from Mailgun will look similar to this - postmaster@sandboxa77ba*********************3372e9.mailgun.org (required)
- SMTP Password: Password for the username above, not to be confused with the account password (required)
- Domain: The domain will be the same domain as the username will have (required)
- Enable SSL: Some SMTP providers will require you to enable SSL Encryption. This depends mostly on the provider, and it will be specified in the SMTP Settings. (optional)
- STMP Port (default is 587): You can leave this section blank since the default port is 587. (optional)
- Affiliate Wrapped User (Advanced): In this section, you will add the user of the email you are setting up. By default, the value here will be 'info' so the emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
After all required fields are filled in, select the 'Save SMTP Settings' button and all emails will be sent with your custom domain.
Once that's done, you'll be done!
To test everything out, you will need to send an automated affiliate email. For example, you can sign-up as a new affiliate if you have the 'New Sign-up' email enabled.
As always, are here to help. Contact us at any time and our Support team will be there for you.