With LeadDyno you can set up your own mail server to send Automated Affiliate Emails. By default, all emails are sent with LeadDyno as the sender, in the leaddyno.com/leaddynomail.com format. If you want to use your own domain instead, it requires setting up custom SMTP.
The main requirement for sending emails with your own domain is using a transactional email provider. The process involves signing up for an account with someone like sendgrid.com or mailgun.com, verifying your email/domain settings, and then obtaining the SMTP credentials and adding them to your LeadDyno account.
- SMTP Server: The server address needs to be in a format similar to this - smtp.mailgun.org (required)
- SMTP Username: This is generated by your mail provider, and is different from your login/account credentials. The SMTP username from Mailgun will look similar to this - postmaster@sandboxa77ba*********************3372e9.mailgun.org (required)
- SMTP Password: Password for the username above, not to be confused with the account password (required)
- Domain: The domain will be the same domain as the username will have (required)
- Enable SSL: Some SMTP providers will require you to enable SSL Encryption. This depends mostly on the provider, and it will be specified in the SMTP Settings. (optional)
- STMP Port (default is 587): You can leave this section blank since the default port is 587. (optional)
- Affiliate Wrapped User (Advanced): In this section, you will add the user of the email you are setting up. By default, the value here will be 'info' so the emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
After all required fields are filled in, select the 'Save SMTP Settings' button and all emails will be sent with your custom domain.
Once that's done, you'll be done!
NOTE: If you are using Gmail/Google email service with 2FA-enabled, you will need to create a Google “App Password” by following the instructions in this link: Sign in with App passwords.
To test everything out, you will need to send an automated affiliate email. For example, you can sign-up as a new affiliate if you have the 'New Sign-up' email enabled.
As always, are here to help. Contact us at any time and our Support team will be there for you.